The paper discusses epigenetic transformations of the West Siberian Cretaceous reservoir rocks under the influence of hydrothermal and tectonic processes. Transformations of both clastic part and cement are analysed in detail. Mechanism of secondary porosity formation caused by leaching with hydrothermal solutions of unstable minerals, which compose clastic and cementing parts of reservoir rocks, is reconstructed. Basing on the tectonic and physical modelling with the use of its two methods, mechanism
of decompaction zone formation is studied; reservoir rocks within this zone have higher porosity and permeability. Causes of tectonic and hydrothermal processes development in the basement rocks and sedimentary cover of the West Siberian basin including the Cretaceous rocks are summarized. Role of tectonic and hydrothermal processes in hydrocarbon formation, expulsion and migration towards reservoir rocks and formation of oil pools and fields is discussed. We propose an unusual way to predict zones of increased productivity in reservoir rocks using seismic data together with tectonic and physical modelling.
M.Yu. Zubkov Scopus
OOO “Zapadno-Sibirsky geologichesky tsentr”, Tyumen, Russia;
1. Beskrovnyi N.S., Ermakova V.N., Taliev S.D. Bitumoids of oil-bearing gravelstone and clay in the Uzonsky hydrothermal system. In: Gidrotermal’nye mineraloobrazuyushchie rastvory oblastei aktivnogo vulkanizma. Novosibirsk: Nauka SO RAN, 1974. pp. 135–143.
2. Zubkov M.Yu., Dvorak S.V., Romanov E.A., Chukhlantseva V.Ya. Hydrothermal processes in the Sherkalinsky member (Talinsky field, Western Siberia). Litologiya i poleznye iskopaemye. 1991(3):122–132.
3. Zubkov M.Yu., Shvedenkov G.Yu. Experimental simulation of secondary reservoir formation under the influence of hydrothermal fluids of different composition. Puti realizatsii neftegazovogo potentsiala KhMAO: sb. mat-lov V nauchno-prakticheskoi konferentsii. 2 vol. Vol. 1. Khanty-Mansiisk; 2002. pp. 323–332.
4. Zubkov M.Yu. Reservoirs in the Bazheno-Abalak complex of the Western Siberia and methods of forecasting its spread. Oil and gas geology. 2014;(5):58–72.
5. Zubkov M.Yu. Secondary reservoirs of tectonic-hydrothermal origin in the roof of the pre-Jurrasic complex in the West-Siberian plate and its forecast methods. Oil and gas geology. 2015;(6):78–95.
6. Zubkov M.Yu. Tectonic-hydrothermal processes in the West Siberian Jurassic deposits. Geologiya nefti i gaza. 2017;(1):64–82.
7. Karpov G.A. Present-day thermal springs and mercury-antimony-arsenic metallization. Moscow: Nauka; 1988. 183 p.
8. Markhinin E.K. Volcanoes and life. Moscow: Mysl’; 1980. 196 p.
9. Zubkov M.Yu., Bondarenko P.M. Prediction of secondary jointing zones on the basis of seismic data and tectonic and physical modelling. Oil and gas geology. 1999;(11, 12):31–40.
10. Borisov M.V. Geochemical and thermodynamic models of veined hydrothermal mineralization. Moscow: Nauchnyi mir; 2000. 360 p.
11. Naboko S.I. Formation of present-day thermal springs and metamorphism of solutions and rocks. In: Voprosy vulkanizma. Moscow: Izd-vo AN SSSR, 1962. pp. 52–62.
12. Ovchinnikov L.N. Role of SO2 in hydrothermal mineralization. DAN SSSR. 1976;227(3):680–683.
13. Ovchinnikov L.N., Chelishchev N.F., Sretenskaya N.G. et al. Possible factors of chemical elements separation in hydrothermal conditions. In: S.I. Naboko, ed. Gidrotermal’nye mineraloobrazuyushchie rastvory oblastei aktivnogo vulkanizma. Novosibirsk: Nauka SO RAN; 1974. pp. 71–76.
14. Smirnov V.I. Mineral geology. Moscow: Nedra; 1982. 670 p.
15. Sokolov V.A. Geochemistry of natural gases. Moscow: Nedra; 1971. p. 336.
16. Bgatov V.I. History of oxygen in the Earth’s atmosphere. Moscow: Nedra, 1985. 87 p.
17. Kizil’shtein L.Ya., Minaeva L.G. Nature of framboidal pyrite. DAN SSSR. 1972;206(5):1187–1189.
18. Garrels R.M., Kraist Ch.L. Solutions, minerals, equilibrium. Moscow: Mir; 1968. 318 p.
19. Zubkov M.Yu., Bakuev O.V., Dvorak S.V., Pastukh P.I. Vertical and lateral migration of interstitial fluids in the Jurassic series of the Krasnoleninsky arch. In: Fiziko-litologicheskie osobennosti i kollektorskie svoistva produktivnykh gorizontov Zapadnoi Sibiri: sb. nauch. tr. ZapSibNIGNI. Tyumen, 1988.